UPDATE: Due to the local uptick in COVID cases, the youth group is meeting on Zoom from 6:30-8:00PM in January and February 2022. To join on Zoom, CLICK HERE. The MIX is for those TK-12th grades with programming tailored for each age group.
Virtual MIX Schedule:
- 6:30pm: Login and Welcome (Zoom link)
- 6:40pm: Group activity
- 7:00pm: Break out rooms for Bible study (TK-K; 1st-3rd; 4th-5th; 6th-8th; 9th-12th)
- 7:28pm: TK-5th closing
- 7:30pm: Programming ends for TK-5th grades
- 8:00pm: Programming ends for 6th-12th grades
Youth from the sixth through 12th grades will meet together the first three Wednesdays of the month from 6 to 8 p.m. on church grounds. Middle school and high school youth will be divided up for Bible study.
Youth group will begin at 6 p.m. with dinner with the MIX children. Optionally, sixth & seventh graders are invited to participate in the MIX starting at 5:15 p.m. All youth are invited to volunteer at the MIX or come early to work on homework.
Programming will take place outside with social distancing encouraged. Masks are required if inside church buildings.
The middle school youth group will be led by Linda Poteete-Marshall and Mark Allen. The high school youth group will be led by Mark Rehfield, Diane Rehfield and Jim Meagher.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-466-2566.
We are so excited to be getting back together in-person for our youth programming. In order to do this in a safe way, we will need to make sure that we are doing our due diligence in setting some guidelines for participants to follow.
Here are our expectations for participants at this time (9/8/2021), please note that these may change given any updated information from the United Methodist Church and our county.
- All participants (youth and adults) must wear masks in situations where they will be closer than 6 feet away from one another. The ONLY exception will be during dinner time.
- As much of the programming will happen outside as possible, we will do our best to provide shaded areas.
- Participants will need to bring their own water bottles, water stations will be provided.
- Participants will be encouraged to wash their hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer stations around the church.
- Pick up and drop off will be at the gate to the playground area in order to avoid congestion at the front of Dexter Hall.
- In case of exposure to the COVID-19 virus, all participants will be notified so that they may take the precautions they feel is necessary for their family. We are encouraging individuals to follow the measures set forth by the County Health Department.
Registration is open!
- 6th-12th registration form PDF
- 6th-12th registration form Google Form
- Child/youth medical release form
- Volunteer registration form
2021-22 Youth meetings
- Sept. 8, 2021
- Sept. 15, 2021
- Sept. 22, 2021
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Oct. 13, 2021
- Oct. 20, 2021
- Nov. 3, 2021
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Nov. 17, 2021
- Dec. 1, 2021
- Dec. 8, 2021
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Jan. 5, 2022-ON ZOOM 6:30-8PM
- Jan. 12, 2022-ON ZOOM 6:30-8PM
- Jan. 19, 2022-ON ZOOM 6:30-8PM
- Feb. 2, 2022-ON ZOOM 6:30-8PM
- Feb. 9, 2022-ON ZOOM 6:30-8PM
- Feb. 16, 2022-ON ZOOM 6:30-8PM
- March 2, 2022
- March 9, 2022
- March 16, 2022
- April 6, 2022
- April 20, 2022
- April 27, 2022—Celebration/volunteer appreciation