WELCOME to Atascadero United Methodist Church
We invite you to attend one of our worship services. For your first visit…
We have one Worship service each week (except on Christmas Eve and Easter):
- Sunday @ 10 a.m. – Traditional. Watch our Sunday services HERE. Visit our Worship Hub for how to watch our Sunday Worship and other announcements and upcoming events.
We are located at 11605 El Camino Real, north of Santa Barbara Road in Atascadero.
If you have children:
Most Sundays (excluding Easter Sunday) children from 3 or 4 through 5th grade have Sunday School after the Children’s Message until offertory. Children 3 and under are welcome in the nursery, either for the entire service or after the Children’s Message. The nursery is staffed by child care specialists. Sunday School is led by Kari Holtzman.
Once you enter a Worship service:
An usher will hand you a bulletin/order of worship. A Communication and Prayer Request Card is located inside the bulletin. Please complete this form and put it in the offertory basket so we can send you more information about Atascadero United Methodist Church, its ministries and pray for you.
HELPFUL WORSHIP SERVICE INFORMATION:
Large Print/Audio: Large print hymnals and hearing enhancement devices are available from an usher.
Nursery: A professionally staffed nursery is available for newborns to 2- or 3-year-olds during all services.
Look over the following ideas to help make worship a positive family experience.
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children. Don’t feel you must suppress it in God’s house.
- Sit toward the front where it is easier to see and to hear what is going on.
- Use a gentle touch: an arm around your child’s shoulder, your hand in his/hers to give reassurance and appropriate redirection.
- Quietly explain the service.
- Help your child find the pages in the hymnal or utilize the words on the screen in front. Do not become distressed if your child is unable to find the proper page.
- Sing the hymns, pray, and voice the responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying yours.
- If your child needs to leave the service, feel free to do so. There is a comfort room off the lobby, which contains comfortable chairs and toys, and you can still see and hear what is going on in service. Ask an usher for assistance.
- Always remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to church. Let them know that they are at home at Atascadero United Methodist Church.
- Remember! Jesus invited children, with their wiggles and giggles, to come to Him. He invites them still.
What is the expected dress?
You are welcome at Atascadero UMC regardless of your outfit. On a typical Sunday you will see all kinds of clothes–some ladies in dresses, some in slacks or jeans, some men in suits, some wearing polos or Hawaiian shirts, etc.