We are a family of diverse individuals committed to love and acceptance and called by God to be open to many points of view. We seek to be an extended family for all people, regardless of age, race, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic situation, marital status, physical or mental ability. We offer support, fellowship, and worship, equipping those who hunger for wholeness to live and love courageously as disciples of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We believe our diversity is a blessing which strengthens persons to serve, and commit ourselves to Christian service in our community and in the life of the larger church.
At Atascadero United Methodist Church, we believe we are called to let our faith spill out and bless others, including those who are not religious or who are nominally religious. We are called to give — God calls us to be a blessing. We encourage people to incarnate God’s love by giving generously of their time, talents, resources, and connections in ways that build up the community of Christ and heal our wounded world. And we are called to bring healing light into the darkest corners of brokenness and despair. We call and equip people to serve inside and outside the church in ways that make service the most significant aspect of sharing our day-to-day faith.
Our members volunteer their time at both the church and in the wider community from serving on the boards of Atascadero Loaves & Fishes, El Camino Homeless Organization, the Salvation Army, CASA, Lifestyles Recovery Center, the Atascadero Historical Society, Parents for Joy and many more. Several local nonprofits were started by church members.
For more on the church’s history: AUMC History
United Methodist Resources
See the websites below for more information on the United Methodist Church:
- The United Methodist Church – The primary website for the United Methodist denomination.
- The California-Pacific Conference – Often referred to as “Cal-Pac” or simply “Conference,” this is the larger organizational body to which this congregation belongs. There are many conferences in the denomination.
- Cal Pac North District – Our district is the smaller organizational body. There are many districts in each Conference.
- The Upper Room – Daily Devotionals and more, this is part of the United Methodist denomination.
- Cal-Pac Camps – Summer Camps for youth in the California-Pacific Conference