Our nursery is open every Sunday morning from 9:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and is staffed by trained and paid personnel. Our nursery hours make sure that all families feel free to participate in the life of the church on Sunday mornings.
While all ages are welcome in worship, our nursery staff is ready to assist families who decide that childcare is the right option for their needs. During the sermon portion of the worship service, we have a lesson related to the sermon for children in the fifth-grade and younger (if their families choose this option). Children are led to the nursery and classroom by one of our team of nursery volunteers, and then back again when the sermon is finished.
Our childcare staff stay until 12:15 p.m. each Sunday so that all adults who wish to participate in after-worship meetings will feel free to do so.
Additionally, we offer a staffed nursery during some special events such as evening services and special events. Contact the church office for more details at 805-466-2566.
- All children must be checked in with our childcare specialists
- All children must have an information card on file
- After worship, all children on the playground must be checked in with the childcare specialists
- All children must be signed out when they are picked up to ensure that each child is accounted for and is picked up by the appropriate person
Sunday School teacher
- Kari Holtzman has been attending Atascadero United Methodist since 2009. She has been actively involved in children’s Christian education since her children were little. She has a master’s degree in psychology and works as a school psychologist in the Lucia Mar school district. She coordinates volunteers and teaches the Sunday lesson to children in the fifth grade and below during the message on Sunday mornings. She also coordinates the nursery workers. She lives in Atascadero with her husband and four dogs; they also have four adult children.